Savor


  Another sweet year is coming to an end. Man, what a good one. What a crazy season. The best, stretching, fun-filled year. As a few of you know, each year- for quite a few years now- I pick a word for the coming year. And as such, reflect on the past one too. This last year was overflow. Living out of the overflow of God’s grace. Being transformed by his cup that’s brimming over for you, for me. Not wanting to miss it. Choosing to see it. And be a vector for it. Grace upon grace. I know it’s there every day of our lives, but man alive, I feel like it was evident this year. 

If I had to choose just a couple take aways it would be being thankful for the outpouring of love in other peoples’ lives and if living from His overflow, we really do get to overflow. We get to love without expecting anything in return. We get to see God transform lives without giving up hope. We get to choose to see God in control no matter our circumstances. And be oh so very thankful as I see His tremendous blessings that He chooses to give. To me. And oh how I feel oh so undeserving some days. But nothing changes the way our God loves. He is faithful. 

For the year of 2022 as I continue to see His faithfulness, I’ve chosen SAVOR to take precedence over the days ahead. To bask in. Take delight in. Notice the small moments. And not be took quick to move on. Almost all of my favorite moments this year have been the simple, little moments. Little actions. People caring in small, perfect ways. And I want to keep noticing each of those. I liked this definition I found while looking at the word savor: “ To savor something is to enjoy it to the fullest, resisting the urge to rush past and instead to pause and relish its goodness.” To pause. To see what I have here and now today. And of course, enjoy it to the FULL! Honestly, kinda just as excited about that part. I have to believe that if God is the giver of all good things, life was meant to be enjoyed. And I want to do that more wholeheartedly as well.

As I get to take enjoyment and reflect each week what’s been given. I want to make sure to place our Jesus at the center of it all. Put more eloquently from John Piper, “ We were made to see and savor God—and savoring him, to be supremely satisfied, and thus spread in all the world the worth of his presence!” The worth of His presence. To savor it, to feel it. We tend to look at what we don’t have, instead of looking at what we do have. Continue to see it. To be satisfied. Taste and see that the Lord is good(Psalm 34:8)! 

I love that the last few years have built upon each other. Redeeming the days and moments, soaking in the overflow and not missing it, and now simply resting and savoring those same things. After we get good at seeing it, we stay in it. Will you take some time this week to reflect on the small moments? Maybe you’ll find that they’re your favorite too. 

Much love friends, as always, 

hannaH 



From years past: 


Comments

Popular Posts